We had a wonderful experience planning our trip with our agent. Due to work conflicts we had to change our dates, and duration of trip more than once. She was very flexible and patient with us throughout the entire process. She listened to our desires for a trip and created a custom itinerary to meet what we had hoped for, and beyond. We also think our agent booked us accommodations in the perfect locations and almost all of the drivers and experts she set us up with were lovely to work with.
1) We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Burgundy. It was probably the most memorable part of our trip. We enjoyed visiting the vineyards, as well as biking through them on our own the next day. Our driver and his translator were wonderful company.
2) We enjoyed that each leg of our trip was planned with drivers so that my husband and I did not have to think about the logistics.
3) The dinner plans our agent made for us were a dream. The Yatches de Paris tour and the dinner in Montmarte were memories that will last a lifetime.
4) Our guide was WONDERFUL! We wished we could have taken her with us everywhere. She was so knowledgeable and taught us so much about French history but in an interesting and engaging manner. We loved the walking tours she took us on. the depth of her knowledge impressed us and she was so pleasant to be around.
5) the same goes for our driver and his translator. Even though our driver didn't speak English we could feel the warmth of his personality and enjoyed his company - and his translator's - very much!
There are a few things I would do differently:
1) I would like the contact information for our drivers so that if we have any questions we can call them ourselves and don't have to bother our agent to act as a middle man. We did run into an issue where our driver and I had a miscommunication and we didn't know how to reach him - and were concerned we would get to the airport late as a result.
2) Our apartment in Le Marais was in the PERFECT location. Le Marais in our opinion is the best place for a couple on their honeymoon to stay. There is so much to see and do. We also understand that most buildings in the city are quite old and with age comes some unique qualities. However, we found our apartment to be quite dirty. We did not find the towel supply to be sufficient, and the furniture to be quite uncomfortable. The couch, for example, was missing its legs. While we didn't want to spend too much money on accommodations so that we could spend our money on experiences, we expected an apartment to be a bit more clean and comfortable. But again, the location was wonderful.
3) our tour guide for Versailles was terrible. There is no kind way to describe it. He was absolutely terrible. If we had booked the tour ourselves we would have demanded a full refund. He only gave us 20-30 minutes in the garden (which the brochure suggests at least 3 hours) and then he only took us on a 30 minute tour of the palace. He never introduced himself, and talked like he was on 'auto-pilot' never even looking to make sure we were still by his side (several times he moved too fast and cut off large groups, and we ended up a whole room behind him but he never noticed). We had so much excitement to see Versailles and left feeling like we never saw it. He rushed us through so fast we never even got a chance to take a picture or ask a question. We were thoroughly disappointed with him and I would strongly recommend never using his company again. We were on a semi-private tour and another couple was with us. They felt the same way. They were extremely upset when we the guide had us leave so soon, and rushed us through everything.
4) I would also recommend letting couples who stay in Burgundy know they need to make dinner reservations in advance. As my husband and I were unable to eat dinner both nights (the chateau eventually made an exception and made us a meal one of the nights). We do wish we had known it would be so difficult and we would have planned ahead.
TRAVEL COMPANY COMMENTS:
Thank you for your very instructive feedback that will help my agency improve its services and partner network quality. I am pleased that you overall enjoyed your itinerary in France and apologize again on behalf of the partners for the issues you have encountered during your stay. I will make sure to improve information process and stop working with some of the involved partners if they cannot improve significantly their service level.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Our travel agent and her team made this trip so memorable. Everything she planned went perfectly."
"The travel planner invested a lot of time to help us plan the trip that would meet all our expectations."
Copyright © 2022 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA