The trip was supposed to cover Spain, Portugal, and Morocco for our supposed honeymoon in May 2020, but COVID-19 hit and the plan had to be changed. Notes:
- In the introduction phase, I could tell that Samuel is a service-oriented person, by the way he acted quickly to schedule a call to discuss what our preferences are. He is warm, friendly, and efficient, and he will want to get to know a client well before giving recommendations.
- I also had a smooth time with the refund process. I was given options to defer the trip to 2021 or cancel; I chose the former in March but as things became even more uncertain, I ultimately canceled the trip in June 2020. The refund process was smooth, and Samuel responded very promptly and considerately, as usual.
My wife and I got married eventually, and we moved to France in 2021. In October 2021, we decided to continue with the trip but condensed it to 6 days and within Spain only. We got in touch with Samuel again to plan a trip for November 2021. Notes:
- We want to commend Samuel for putting together the trip on such short notice. We were impressed by such a level of expertise and connections. Further proof that our trip would be in good hands.
We went on a 6-day tour covering Barcelona, Madrid, and Seville. We were surprised at how pampered we were throughout the whole trip. And we want to commend Samuel, Paloma, and the team for curating such a unique experience for us. Notes:
- Samuel and Paloma are very, very detailed. Prior to the trip, we received reminders about the EU Digital COVID Certificate, a detailed itinerary, a restaurant and food guide, and a travel pack containing our train tickets and detailed instructions regarding transportation along every step of the journey.
- Barcelona: Our guide was very passionate about the architecture of the city, Gaudi's works, and the Sagrada Familia. We had a very informative tour of Sagrada Familia, Park Güell, and many others, and she gave tips about the Barcelona dining scene. Overall, it was a very pleasant, educational experience.
- Madrid: Another amazing experience for us. Our guide took us around the sights of the city, explaining its architecture in detail. We appreciated how she structured her tour of the Prado Museum and the old city, which gave us a deeper understanding of Spanish history and its national psyche. In the evening, we watched a flamenco show (part of the tour), which was also quite a unique experience. The next day, our guide took us on a gastronomical journey around Madrid, and all stops were fantastic. He introduced Madrid to us in such a warm manner, evoking their own memories and experiences as Madrilenos while having us experience such sumptuous food.
- Seville: The last leg, and yet no less wonderful. On the day of arrival, our guide took us on a tapas tour, and then some. We had just so many amazing local tapas and drinks, but she also gave us insights about life in Seville and its past. As with Madrid, the food choices were very good; but after the tour, our guide gave even more recommendations of what to eat in Seville. Last, our guide gave us our last, and no less insightful, tour of landmarks such as the Alcazar and the cathedral. It was another enriching experience for us.
Overall, the trip was well-organized and well-curated. The timing was perfect, and the selection of sights, guides, and accommodation was excellent. Though we never got to meet Samuel in person, we felt that he got to know us and planned our trip well based on that. We will definitely get their services again.
BONUS: We went on a separate group trip to Tenerife in December 2021, and Samuel was quick to share his recommendations on things to see and do and where to eat as soon as he learned we went there. Excellent service, even to past clients! You'll be in good hands, for sure.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Great trip to Morocco. Our guide was very kind, helpful and always on time. The driver was very personable."
" It was our 25th anniversary celebration, and we are so pleased that we choose Spain and this travel agency. Our trip...
"Overall, our trip to Spain was a memorable one. Our travel planner carefully crafted a customized tour based on what we want...
Copyright © 2022 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA