Overall we would give 8 out of 10 points for the trip.
- all Airport transfers to and from the Hotels were perfectly organized in very comfortable limousines.
- nice hotels.
- tour add-on packages ware great (see "memorable parts")
- Sydney Sailing was amazing, our guide was most charming and could show us a lot in the harbour area. The perfect experience.
- Sydney Bridge Climb. Awesome . Must do for sure on every itinery.
- Melbourne Phillip Island Guided Ranger Tour for the Penguins really saved the whole day! What a great experience that was.
- Adelaide tours were amazing, definitely one of our favorites during the trip. Great Guide, Great experience.
Here is some feedback concerning the organized tour.
- no small group tours but only private guided tours
- change Melbourne hotel to a smaller city center boutique hotel
- changing Comfort Inn Apollo Bay to a nicer alternative.
- staying in Port Fairy instead of Warnambool.
- staying in Robe instead of Mt. Gambier
- exploring Peninsula beaches and Adelaide countryside further instead of flying to Kangaroo Island
TRAVEL COMPANY COMMENTS:
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your trip to Australia. We greatly appreciate the feedback on the specific areas of your trip. With regards to the accommodation choices in Apollo Bay, Warrnambool and Mt Gambier, we completely agree that locations would have been better in Port Fairy and Robe but due to us sourcing availability just over two months before departure when you booked your ground arrangements, these locations were already fully booked. The towns long the Great Ocean Road and South Australia are small coastal towns and the few hotels book up very quickly and often 6-12 months in advance for the peak summer and holiday months. In Melbourne we similarly had availability issues and the smaller boutique properties we recommend were also fully booked for check in on 26 Dec. We do have a wide range of private touring options available, our apologies if we did not explore those with you, we were trying to work within your preferred budget and the cost difference between small group and private touring can be over double to triple in cost of the small group tour. Thank you again for all your detailed feedback.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"This agent with this Australia travel company is fantastic! I told her what we wanted and she planned it all perfectly."
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA